Well, hello there, kind folks. If you’re visiting this blog of mine, I presume that you have a certain interest in the cinema. As for me, even since my early childhood, I have had a deep love of everything related to movies and television. As far as I can remember, I have been more at ease in front of a screen than in the yard, outside, playing. It is a great way to travel, though other people’s stories, without having to foot any kind of steep bill. Over the years, I feel that movie-watching has even fuelled my own creativity.

All that being said, I welcome you in my Cinephile’s Nest. I hope you enjoy it here, feel free to come back at any time. Here you will find reviews of current movies and older ones. TV shows also. Some classics that have remained some of my favourites, some that have disappointed me. I will use a very basic star (*) system to grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being sliced bread level). Remember, these are just my tastes. I will try to explain in each review what I liked about these particular movies, without giving spoilers.

Il y aura aussi des critiques en français pour les films francophones, car j'aime également le cinéma dans ma langue maternelle. Avant d'apprendre l'anglais, plus jeune, je louais des tonnes de films traduits en français, surtout ceux de Bud Spencer et Terrence Hill. Ma mère a eu le choc de sa vie lorsqu'un jour, dans la boîte d'un de ces films, Deep Throat avait malencontreusement inséré. Une expérience formatrice pour le jeune cinéphile que je suis.

Bienvenue à tous, amusez-vous bien.

I welcome you all here, enjoy yourself.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Back to the Future Part III (1990)

Genre: Comedy / Science-Fiction / Western
Directed by: Robert Zemeckis
Starring: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Mary Steenburgen
Running time: 119 minutes



Like the previous sequel, Back to the Future Part III starts where the other ended. Stranded in 1955, Marty receives a letter from Doc, who is stuck in 1885 with a broken time machine. Unable to fix it due to the primitive technology in the time period he’s in, he hides it for Marty to find in 1955, along with instructions on how to fix it. The scientist tells his younger friend to do the needed repairs and then go back to his regular life in 1985 without coming for him. As he is about to do what he’s told, Marty finds out that Doc Brown was shot and killed a few days after writing the letter, so he decided to go back to 1885, in the Old West, to save his pal from doom.

In this third part of the trilogy, the franchise started to lose some of its magic and luster in my opinion.

Fox and Lloyd still do a very good job working opposite each other. Mary Steenburgen was also the right choice to play Doc Brown’s love interest. You can actually believe that these two off-beat characters could fall for each other.

I simply find that they tried to stretch things out a little too much with a third movie, diluting the sauce in the process. The western motif was cute, though the sets really looked fake, but the plot dragged on. By the end of it, it offered a nice closure to the series, but it came off as a little too bland for my taste. It certainly pales in comparison to the first two.


Rating: «««

No comments:

Post a Comment