Well, hello there, kind folks. If you’re visiting this blog of mine, I presume that you have a certain interest in the cinema. As for me, even since my early childhood, I have had a deep love of everything related to movies and television. As far as I can remember, I have been more at ease in front of a screen than in the yard, outside, playing. It is a great way to travel, though other people’s stories, without having to foot any kind of steep bill. Over the years, I feel that movie-watching has even fuelled my own creativity.

All that being said, I welcome you in my Cinephile’s Nest. I hope you enjoy it here, feel free to come back at any time. Here you will find reviews of current movies and older ones. TV shows also. Some classics that have remained some of my favourites, some that have disappointed me. I will use a very basic star (*) system to grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being sliced bread level). Remember, these are just my tastes. I will try to explain in each review what I liked about these particular movies, without giving spoilers.

Il y aura aussi des critiques en français pour les films francophones, car j'aime également le cinéma dans ma langue maternelle. Avant d'apprendre l'anglais, plus jeune, je louais des tonnes de films traduits en français, surtout ceux de Bud Spencer et Terrence Hill. Ma mère a eu le choc de sa vie lorsqu'un jour, dans la boîte d'un de ces films, Deep Throat avait malencontreusement inséré. Une expérience formatrice pour le jeune cinéphile que je suis.

Bienvenue à tous, amusez-vous bien.

I welcome you all here, enjoy yourself.

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)

Genre: Comedy / Christmas
Directed by: Chris Columbus
Cast: Macaulay Caulkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern
Time: 120 minutes



The McCallister family is planning another group vacation for Christmas, this time to Miami. They have to rush again in the morning because they overslept, but, unlike the previous year, they don’t forget little Kevin at home. Unfortunately, Kevin gets confused at the airport and ends up travelling to New York on his own. In The Big Apple, Kevin will again encounter the crooks from the first movie, Harry and Marv, after they escape from prison during a riot.

This sequel feels like a rehash of the first, with barely enough changes to make it not a total repeat. There is some funny business and some touching moments. Culkin was really good for a kid his age. But, this sequel sure is not as good as the original.
Rating: «««

No comments:

Post a Comment