Well, hello there, kind folks. If you’re visiting this blog of mine, I presume that you have a certain interest in the cinema. As for me, even since my early childhood, I have had a deep love of everything related to movies and television. As far as I can remember, I have been more at ease in front of a screen than in the yard, outside, playing. It is a great way to travel, though other people’s stories, without having to foot any kind of steep bill. Over the years, I feel that movie-watching has even fuelled my own creativity.

All that being said, I welcome you in my Cinephile’s Nest. I hope you enjoy it here, feel free to come back at any time. Here you will find reviews of current movies and older ones. TV shows also. Some classics that have remained some of my favourites, some that have disappointed me. I will use a very basic star (*) system to grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being sliced bread level). Remember, these are just my tastes. I will try to explain in each review what I liked about these particular movies, without giving spoilers.

Il y aura aussi des critiques en français pour les films francophones, car j'aime également le cinéma dans ma langue maternelle. Avant d'apprendre l'anglais, plus jeune, je louais des tonnes de films traduits en français, surtout ceux de Bud Spencer et Terrence Hill. Ma mère a eu le choc de sa vie lorsqu'un jour, dans la boîte d'un de ces films, Deep Throat avait malencontreusement inséré. Une expérience formatrice pour le jeune cinéphile que je suis.

Bienvenue à tous, amusez-vous bien.

I welcome you all here, enjoy yourself.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Queen Rock Montreal & Live Aid (2007)

Genre: Musical
Directed by: Saul Swimmer
Cast: Freddie Mercury, Brian May, John Deacon, Roger Taylor
Time: 138 minutes



In November 1981, British Rock/Pop band Queen took the stage at the Montreal Forum, in Quebec (Canada), for a concert.

From the first notes of their fast version of We Will Rock You to the last notes of the recorded version of God Save the Queen, Freddie Mercury and his cohorts kept the spectators on the edge of their seats with hit after hit. Also included is the band’s performance at Live Aid, in 1985, where they gave an absolute clinic on how to steal the show from a loaded cast of artists.

In my book, Freddie Mercury remains one of the best front men in rock history. It is a true pleasure to see him and his bandmates at work here at two separate moments in their career. They were great artists and this video is a wonderful way to see them do what they do best.

Rating: «««««

No comments:

Post a Comment