Well, hello there, kind folks. If you’re visiting this blog of mine, I presume that you have a certain interest in the cinema. As for me, even since my early childhood, I have had a deep love of everything related to movies and television. As far as I can remember, I have been more at ease in front of a screen than in the yard, outside, playing. It is a great way to travel, though other people’s stories, without having to foot any kind of steep bill. Over the years, I feel that movie-watching has even fuelled my own creativity.

All that being said, I welcome you in my Cinephile’s Nest. I hope you enjoy it here, feel free to come back at any time. Here you will find reviews of current movies and older ones. TV shows also. Some classics that have remained some of my favourites, some that have disappointed me. I will use a very basic star (*) system to grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being sliced bread level). Remember, these are just my tastes. I will try to explain in each review what I liked about these particular movies, without giving spoilers.

Il y aura aussi des critiques en français pour les films francophones, car j'aime également le cinéma dans ma langue maternelle. Avant d'apprendre l'anglais, plus jeune, je louais des tonnes de films traduits en français, surtout ceux de Bud Spencer et Terrence Hill. Ma mère a eu le choc de sa vie lorsqu'un jour, dans la boîte d'un de ces films, Deep Throat avait malencontreusement inséré. Une expérience formatrice pour le jeune cinéphile que je suis.

Bienvenue à tous, amusez-vous bien.

I welcome you all here, enjoy yourself.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Poltergeist 3 (1988)

Genre: Horror
Directed by: Gary Sherman
Cast: Tom Skerritt, Nancy Allen, Heather O’Rourke, Lara Flynn Boyle
Running time: 98 minutes



After her recent bouts with malevolent spirits looking to take her away, young Carol Anne Freeling has been sent by her parents to live with her aunt and uncle in Chicago. But, as you would expect, the evil spirit of Reverend Kane still manages to find the young girl and he still needs her, so her purity can lead him into the light.

The scariest thing about this horror film is the sight of young Heather O’Rourke. She was sick during the shooting of this film and it showed. Her face was all bloated and she did not seem well at all. Sadly, she passed away months before the release of the film, due to intestinal issues.

The rest of the movie is so bad it is laughable. The script is horrible and the acting is putrid. Zelda Rubinstein worked well in small doses in the first film, but she was given more and more lines to deliver in the two sequels, and it did not go well. The rest of the cast was not much better. Julian Beck had died, so the character of Reverend Henry Kane was portrayed on screen by Nathan Davis and looked totally cartoonish. That was unfortunate, as Kane was the only highlight in the bleak second Poltergeist movie.

All things considered, this film should be avoided at all costs.


Rating: «

No comments:

Post a Comment