Well, hello there, kind folks. If you’re visiting this blog of mine, I presume that you have a certain interest in the cinema. As for me, even since my early childhood, I have had a deep love of everything related to movies and television. As far as I can remember, I have been more at ease in front of a screen than in the yard, outside, playing. It is a great way to travel, though other people’s stories, without having to foot any kind of steep bill. Over the years, I feel that movie-watching has even fuelled my own creativity.

All that being said, I welcome you in my Cinephile’s Nest. I hope you enjoy it here, feel free to come back at any time. Here you will find reviews of current movies and older ones. TV shows also. Some classics that have remained some of my favourites, some that have disappointed me. I will use a very basic star (*) system to grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being sliced bread level). Remember, these are just my tastes. I will try to explain in each review what I liked about these particular movies, without giving spoilers.

Il y aura aussi des critiques en français pour les films francophones, car j'aime également le cinéma dans ma langue maternelle. Avant d'apprendre l'anglais, plus jeune, je louais des tonnes de films traduits en français, surtout ceux de Bud Spencer et Terrence Hill. Ma mère a eu le choc de sa vie lorsqu'un jour, dans la boîte d'un de ces films, Deep Throat avait malencontreusement inséré. Une expérience formatrice pour le jeune cinéphile que je suis.

Bienvenue à tous, amusez-vous bien.

I welcome you all here, enjoy yourself.

Thursday, December 3, 2020

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion (2020)

 Genre: Documentary
Directed by: Marcus Raboy
Cast: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro, Tatyana Ali, Karyn Parsons 
Running Time: 75 minutes

 


Thirty years later, the surviving cast members of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, a popular NBC sitcom from the 90’s, got back together to discuss their experience on the show, their favorite moments and the cultural impact of this particular project.

I loved The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as a teenager. I watched episodes again and again, I know them by heart by now. My favorite moments from this TV special were to tribute to James Avery, who played Uncle Phil and who passed in 2013, and the “peace treaty” between Will Smith and Janet Hubert, who played Aunt Vivian for the first half of the six seasons of the show. You could see the love the cast members had for James Avery, a major father figure in the history of American television. As for the burying of the hatchet, it was great to see Will Smith give Janet Hubert a chance to say her piece. Life is too short to hold grudges, and it was truly emotional to see that feud end.

My only gripe with this special is that it was too short and that we barely heard from Joseph Marcell, who played Geoffrey Butler, one of my favorite characters on the show.

Other than that, it was a great walk down memory lane that made me feel like watching that show one more time.

Rating: ««««

No comments:

Post a Comment