Well, hello there, kind folks. If you’re visiting this blog of mine, I presume that you have a certain interest in the cinema. As for me, even since my early childhood, I have had a deep love of everything related to movies and television. As far as I can remember, I have been more at ease in front of a screen than in the yard, outside, playing. It is a great way to travel, though other people’s stories, without having to foot any kind of steep bill. Over the years, I feel that movie-watching has even fuelled my own creativity.

All that being said, I welcome you in my Cinephile’s Nest. I hope you enjoy it here, feel free to come back at any time. Here you will find reviews of current movies and older ones. TV shows also. Some classics that have remained some of my favourites, some that have disappointed me. I will use a very basic star (*) system to grade them from 1 to 5 (5 being sliced bread level). Remember, these are just my tastes. I will try to explain in each review what I liked about these particular movies, without giving spoilers.

Il y aura aussi des critiques en français pour les films francophones, car j'aime également le cinéma dans ma langue maternelle. Avant d'apprendre l'anglais, plus jeune, je louais des tonnes de films traduits en français, surtout ceux de Bud Spencer et Terrence Hill. Ma mère a eu le choc de sa vie lorsqu'un jour, dans la boîte d'un de ces films, Deep Throat avait malencontreusement inséré. Une expérience formatrice pour le jeune cinéphile que je suis.

Bienvenue à tous, amusez-vous bien.

I welcome you all here, enjoy yourself.

Monday, November 25, 2019

Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)


Genre: Horror
Directed by: John Luessenhop
Cast: Alexamdra Daddario, Dan Yeager, Trey Songz
Running Time: 91 minutes



Following the events of the original film, the Texas farmhouse where those young adults were butchered was burnt down by the town’s people in an act of vigilante justice. Loretta Sawyer tries to run away from the flames, with her baby daughter Edith Rose, but she gets killed by Gavin Miller, who then steals the baby to raise her as his own with his wife. Decades later, Edith Rose, who grew up as Heather Miller, receives a letter saying that she inherited her biological grandmother’s house. She travels to rural Texas, with her boyfriend and two friends, to claim her new house and find out about who she is.

Again, this is your typical slasher film, with lots of blood and guts to go around. The big difference is that, now, Leatherface is the misunderstood anti-hero and the victim of society. It is a sign of the times, I guess, but that is still weird to me.

The film is somewhat entertaining, in spite of its flaws. The acting is decent, but some of the shortcuts taken in storytelling made no sense. For example, who goes out for errands leaving some hitchhiker he or she just picked up alone on his or her property?
Rating: «««

No comments:

Post a Comment